Building and maintaining an effective social media presence for your brand or organization can seem like a 24/7 job for an entire army of people. But today even mega brands are often forced to do more with less, not to mention those who are a lone superstar on a social team of one. Plus with limited budgets and constantly changing platforms, the job of a social media marketer can seem like mission impossible. Whether your team is big or small, join this day long workshop to learn advanced strategies and I-should-have-thought-of-that hacks to manage a best in class social media presence. This fun, interactive session will cover both strategic and tactical approaches to help you prioritize where and how you spend your time on social media.
You’ll receive an online interactive workbook to use during the workshop which will allow you to walk through exercises and customize the information and insights you learn to your company or brand so you can take it back to the office and begin implementing immediately.
In this full day workshop we will cover topics including:
- Setting Social Strategy: Learn to identify goals, avoid shiny object syndrome and focus on driving meaningful impact for your organization
- Latest Trends: Refresh on the latest trends and updates for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and more to keep your tactical approach up to date
- Building Community: Offer value to your audience in a way that feels authentic, personable and still on-brand
- Visual Content Creation: Learn techniques for creating compelling visual content regardless of your industry (yes, even B2B companies!)
- Leveraging UGC and Brand Ambassadors: We’ll cover case studies for effective use of user generated content and brand ambassadors to drive engagement and save social media managers time
- Employee Engagement: Collaborate better with internal stakeholders and empower employees as brand advocates to improve your brand’s reach and interaction online
- Broadcasting Your Brand: Get more out of your video content on YouTube and Facebook to convert followers into sales (including live video!)
- Micro-storytelling and Influencers: Use Instagram Stories and Snapchat to reach younger consumers and evaluate if leveraging influencers can help your brand achieve its goals
- Measuring Impact: Learn how to measure what matters across social channels
- Scaling Your Efforts: Identify the right tools for your team (or yourself!) to get organized, streamline your social media management processes, and boost results
- What’s Next: Identify future trends to help your brand or organization get and stay ahead of the curve
About Your Instructor: Laura Wilson is the Director of Digital Engagement & Social Media at Georgetown University, one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions located in Washington, DC. She has a track record for creating or improving successful social media programs for global brands such as Hilton Hotels & Resorts, ICF International and Cvent. At Georgetown Laura sets the university’s social media strategy including leading an award-winning first-person video documentary series “Georgetown Stories” which shares the lives of 11 undergraduate students. Laura also volunteers her time consulting on social media strategy for several non-profits in the DC area.